Uniqueness of KISS:
- 25,308 tribal students getting free education from Standard I to Post Graduation
- Largest Residential school for the tribal children in the world.
- Free lodging, boarding, healthcare and vocational training
- Students Representation from more than 65 different tribes including 13 PVTG's and 10 states
Infrastructure at KISS:
- 100 acres of land area
- 35,00,000 square feet of built uparea in three campuses
- 25000 square feet library building
- 12,000 capacity 3 dining halls
- 3 State of the art Mechanized Kitchen.
- 5% of total seat of KIIT University is reserved in professional courses for meritorious children of KISS to pursue free professional education.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Security system with Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras all around the campus
- 4 state of the art computer labs to seat 2000 students
- 850 KW Solar power plant in 3 campuses
- Solar Water Heating System for Mechanized Kitchen
- Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water plant
- 200 bedded in-house medical facility, duly supported by Kalinga Institute of Medical Science (KIMS).
- Biogas Plant to process food waste into biogas for use in cooking purposes.
- Science Park for children to understand various aspects of Physics and scientific learning.
- Automatic Laundry machines for washing clothes